Astoria RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Index Guidelines

Go down

Monster Index Guidelines Empty Monster Index Guidelines

Post by The Goddess Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:01 pm

Monsters and enemies are what make the world of Astoria lively and entertaining, because where would the fun be if it was only players around the world a none of them did anything? This is why we have the Monster index manual, to give us a general idea of how strong certain monsters should be when we fight them, as well as to brighten up the world around us. And by adding to the monster index not only do you expand the roster of enemies to chose from, but you also add a a creature permanently into the lore of the world.

Note: if your in a dungeon or the wilds the creatures you must fight creatures from this list, and it is preferred that you only fight creatures from this list in regular threads as well to give a general idea of how strong the thing you are fighting is to everyone viewing or joining in on the thread.

Please do NOT fight creatures that simply do not exist on this list or as a playable race at all. Meaning in regular threads you can fight variations of creatures that exist on this list or of a playable race, but if say you want to fight a beholder and they have never been mentioned on either this list or in the race section, then either apply for a beholder to be added to the Monster Index or fight something else. This is done to prevent things that aren't lore friendly (such as things like daedric dieties, or tiamat.) popping up in a world in which they have no place.

Below is a template for you to follow to add Monsters to the Index, the Monster index section can be found under the Quest section.

(image of your monster here)
Monster Index Guidelines AxpQQ1m
Name: (What name(s) do people refer to your enemy by? Should be things like "Wyvern Island Bandits")
Race: (what race are they?)
Alignment: (Alignments can be found here.)
Size: (What size class are they in? Tiny, Small, Average, Large, or Giant?)
Difficulty Rating: (assign your creature a difficulty rating, the best way to do this is to take the level with which you feel would evenly match this creature and divide it by 10, and round up.) For Example: if you give your enemy the stats of a level 56 person, the difficulty rating would be 56/10 = 5.6 which then rounded up would be 6. that creature should have a difficulty rating of 6.
Stats:
Speed:
Strength:
Mysticism:
Arcana:
Perception:
Physique:
Reaction Time:
Special Traits: (Any special Traits your creature has? This would include things like night vision or heightened sense, but as well as any special weaknesses)
General appearance: (what does your enemy look like? any distinct features? If someone where tracking this creature what are signs they could look for?)
Specializations: (what type of specializations can your Monster(s) have? if it varies, please say so and then give some examples of what most will be running.
Items: (are their any special items your enemies are using? are they all just using uncommon weapons that fit their specializations? tell us here.)
Spells: (Any special Spells or magical abilities they use? if their are magic users in the group what spells might they use?)

Monster Index Guidelines AxpQQ1m
Code:
[center] (image of your monster here)
[img]http://i.imgur.com/axpQQ1m.png?1[/img][/center]
[b]Name:[/b] (What name(s) do people refer to your enemy by? Should be things like "Wyvern Island Bandits")
[b]Race:[/b] (what race are they?)
[b]Alignment:[/b] (Alignments can be found [url=http://easydamus.com/alignment.html]here[/url].)
[b]Size:[/b] (What size class are they in? Tiny, Small, Average, Large, or Giant?)
[b]Difficulty Rating:[/b] (assign your creature a difficulty rating, the best way to do this is to take the level with which you feel would evenly match this creature and divide it by 10, and round up.) For Example: if you give your enemy the stats of a level 56 person, the difficulty rating would be 56/10 = 5.6 which then rounded up would be 6. that creature should have a difficulty rating of 6.
[b]Stats:[/b]
[i]Speed:[/i]
[i]Strength:[/i]
[i]Mysticism:[/i]
[i]Arcana:[/i]
[i]Perception:[/i]
[i]Physique:[/i]
[i]Reaction Time:[/i]
[b]Special Traits:[/b] (Any special Traits your creature has? This would include things like night vision or heightened sense, but as well as any special weaknesses)
[b]General appearance:[/b] (what does your enemy look like? any distinct features? If someone where tracking this creature what are signs they could look for?)
[b]Specializations:[/b] (what type of specializations can your Monster(s) have? if it varies, please say so and then give some examples of what most will be running.
[b]Items:[/b] (are their any special items your enemies are using? are they all just using uncommon weapons that fit their specializations? tell us here.)
[b]Spells:[/b] (Any special Spells or magical abilities they use? if their are magic users in the group what spells might they use?)

[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/axpQQ1m.png?1[/img][/center]
The Goddess
The Goddess

Gold : 15

https://astoria.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down